Sunday, March 24, 2013

Best of 2011

When you work for a travel company, you become incredibly spoiled.  In 2012 I traveled to Portugal, New Orleans, Toronto, DC (x3) and Denver.  I consider this a very off year.  And when I compare it to my colleagues, it feels even more pathetic.  A reality check reminds me that I'm very lucky to get to travel the way that I do.

Travel for me is exploring and experiencing and being outside my comfort zone.  Walking a city until your feet ache is one of my most favorite things to do.  In 2006, four of us rented a car and drove along the southern coast from Madrid to Barcelona.  We spent nights in Sevilla and Valencia, saw the countryside and failed miserably at more than one toll booth.  I still can't believe that we used an actual map to navigate the 1,000+ miles with only a few wrong turns.

In 2011, I was fortunate enough to spend two weeks in Peru, go to Costa Rica for Christmas and Switzerland three times.  I went to a bachelorette weekend in LA, a wedding in Seattle, spring training in Phoenix and my annual Toronto and Denver work trips.  Needless to say, it was busy.  But so.much.fun.

Here are some of my favorites from a whirlwind of a year.

Rocky Mountains

Pike's Place Market in Seattle

 The blushing bride herself

Meghann & Josh 8.20.11

Sunset on Isle au Haut, ME
Sailing with the Pops

Shucking clams
Union girls weekend on Long Island
Nia & Mike 7.18.11
Blushing bride #3!  Steph & Jim 9.17.11
Lima, Peru October 2011
Pirhana fishing on the Amazon
It.was.hot.
Probably looks familiar!  One of my favorites - a local fisherman on the Amazon
Local children of the Amazon


Local artisan outside of Cusco, Peru 

Silver llamas

Baby sloth!


Macchu Picchu!
Sun came out just as we got to the top

McCall Ranch
Meghan & Dan 11.17.11

Then we were off to Quepos, Costa Rica for Christmas!





Local market in Quepos, Costa Rica







Lizard friend on the beach in Manuel Antonio National Park
Christmas dinner




And one last Christmas party upon my return to Boston...



No comments:

Post a Comment