Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Meet: The Myers Family

And here we go with family #3 from last weekend!  Brad and I go all the way back to the fall of 1993 (what?!) when my parents forced me to leave public school for private school.  Naturally this was the end of my world at the time but as parents tend to be, they got it right and I had the best middle and high school experience that I could have possibly asked for.  The second week at my new school included spending a week at Camp Chewonki with Brad's dad, Bruce, as my group's faculty chaperone.  I remember basically nothing else of that week (besides no plumbing and eating camp fire grilled Spam) but unknowingly, it was my official introduction to the Myers family that has now spanned 20 years (again, what?!).

I'll spare you the embarrassing stories and inside jokes and just say that I'm glad that we're still in touch.  Brad and Christie got married in Maine in 2010 and they had adorable little Greyson back in July.  I saw Christie about three weeks before she gave birth and let me tell you, she looked more like six months pregnant than nine!  Greyson is a carbon copy of his father with the bonus of his mother's cheeks - even with a little cold he was happy and cute as a button.

Brad and Christie, I love your new home and that new little baby of yours!  What a great way to spend a Sunday morning, thank you for having me, I can't wait to do it again!















No comments:

Post a Comment